To report a student absence please contact CHS @ 575-376-2241 EXT. 301 Nancy Holmgren
From our CHS Handbook Attendance Policy
- Illness of student, doctor’s appointment (must be verified with a note from the doctor), or family emergency
- Personal Business, as pre-approved by administration.
- Extended illness (three (3) days or more) - must be verified with a note from the doctor.
- Any school-sponsored activity is excused for those participating and will not count as part of the eight (8) absences.
Any Absences above eight (8) per semester will require a mandatory Parent Conference. Failure to schedule a meeting within 5 days will result in loss of credit.
Any reason not listed as an excused absence will be considered unexcused.
- Three (3) tardies will result in an (1) unexcused absence.
- Every three (3) unexcused absences may be referred to the probation services office of the judicial district where the student resides.
Students who miss three (3) or more days, unexcused, from any given class without administration authorization in any semester will not receive credit. Parents wishing to appeal the loss of credit can refer to the policy below.