2022-2023 COVID Protocols
2022-2023 COVID PROTOCOLS
The following is a brief letter to update you on the New Mexico Public Education (NMPED) requirements for the school year 2022-2023. Regarding Covid, some things have changed and some things remain the same. Our primary goal is to keep students in school. We will offer optional Covid testing 2 days per week, Tuesday and Friday, during school hours, and only for students and staff. If you suspect that your child is sick, please call the nurse to discuss your situation. We will do everything possible to keep school safe and available to all.
- Staff will NOT be required to participate in weekly surveillance testing or daily health screenings.
- Masks will NOT be required for staff or students on a daily basis.
- COVID positive staff and students will be required to quarantine for 5 days and wear a mask on days 6-10.
- Close contacts of a positive COVID case will no longer be required to quarantine or test to stay regardless of vaccination status. This includes household exposures.
- Optional testing will be provided to close contacts on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Teachers will create and maintain up to date seating charts.
These requirements may be altered as changes to the PED Toolkit are made and/or when we see a rise in the number of positive COVID cases.
For complete PED guidelines please visit the NM Public Education Department website at: https://webnew.ped.state.nm.us